Today I finished painting the sunroom. Getting a new project started and finished so quickly has inspired me. I can't wait to start the kitchen and finish the office!
L will be home in a couple of hours from his business trip. I was hoping that I would be able to have the furniture moved back in to the sunroom and see if he even could tell it had been painted. The problem is that we have a wood and iron room divider and a chaise that are both far too heavy for me to move by myself. So I'll just have to be excited when he comes home and finds another project completed!
The title of the entry is "Before the After" because the photos don't really have a before shot of the entire room and the after is only the painted walls...not the completed room. So these photos are "before" the completed "after" It has been forever since I actually posted photos and I figured I had made you wait long enough.
The first photos are of some plaster damage that I had to repair before I could paint the walls. It's not actually the plater wall but the decorative "spanish plaster" that is over the structural plaster. It is directly below a window and appears to have been caused by some minor water damage. It was easily fixed with left over joint compound I had used in retexturing the office last spring. I also used it to repair a couple of settlement cracks above the doors and windows.
The room is painted the same solor as the living room and it really brightens up the room. I can't wait to get the furniture back in it. I love to read in this room in the spring and summer. Right now it's too cold to hang out in...but I'm seriously considering using a small space heater now that it's been painted because it is just so "comfy" feeling.