I've been trying to figure out the best way to get you all caught up on everything we have done to the house. I guess the best thing to do would be to break it down by project and get the "unfinished" stuff out of the way before discussing the new stuff we did.
As all good things must come to an end...so must this blog. Not because I haven't enjoyed writing it, but because we have decided to sell our darling house and return to the land of perpetual heat (Dallas/Fort Worth, TX). We have spent the last several weeks working non-stop to get the house in a condition that we would be proud to list on the real estate market for. That meant lots of work, long hours, and no time to blog. However, I do have some really great photos and over the next few days will be updating the blog with the results of all our work so that you all can see them.
By the way, we did list the house on the market and had our first showings yesterday at an open house. This morning we were made two offers on the house and accepted one of them. If everything goes as scheduled we will be leaving our sweet little home to new owners to care for in just over a month.
When we moved to Milwaukee 18 months ago we knew NOBODY. L went to work and made friends with a guy by the name of Tony. Tony and his wife Stephania are Italian. Which means nobody is a stranger. We had been in town only a few short weeks before we had not only met both of his parents, his sister and brother, but her parents and grandfather. They have adopted us!
After removing the ceiling fan from my kitchen and putting up the new one I figured I was safe to try and update the fixture in the office. There was a ceiling fan in that room with no light so I figured I might have a pretty good chance of getting a new fixture installed with a bit more ease that the last one. I removed the ceiling fan and was in luck as there were only two wires...one white, one black. I got it all installed and put in a light bulb and threw the power switch. LIGHT!
For once the lack of posts isn't due to lack of motivation. My hosting provider updated some software on their server and it caused a bit of a glitch in my website. I was unable to create any new posts. I think it has been finally worked out but should any of you folks run across a problem, please let me know so that I can follow up with the server hosts.