So I can't believe that I have actually managed to get some more "house stuff" done over the holiday weekend. My living room window project is no longer an "unfinished project". Not only are they reglazed and installed...but they even have window coverings. Wow! Privacy in my livingroom...something I haven't had since we moved to Wisconsin.
Let's face it, many home renovators do their own work in an effort to get more "bang for the buck". In other words they can get the fancier light fixture or the more expensive cabinets if they do the installation work themselves. I know that is the truth for us. Believe me, I don't mind painting a room, but if I was independently wealthy I would write out one big fat check and have someone else come in and do it all!
No, I haven't lost my motivation. I actually went out today to apply the primer to the windows that were reglazed over the weekend. What I discovered is that it has been too cold to let the glazing compound cure. It is still as wet as when I applied it on Sunday. So instead of being able to say the windows are finally hanging back in my living room I am saying they are sitting in the living room drying. If they are dry by the time Rowan goes to bed this evening I'll go out and put the last primer coat on them. If not, I'll have to do it tomorrow during her naptime.
With any luck at all I might have a photo of them actually reinstalled by tomorrow night!